The JSC Admiralty Shipyards (Russian: Адмиралтейские верфи) (formerly Soviet Shipyard No. 194) is one of the oldest and largest shipyards in Russia, located in Saint Petersburg. The shipyard's building ways can accommodate ships of up to 70,000 tonnes deadweight (DWT), 250 metres (820 ft) in length and 35 metres (115 ft) in width. Military products include naval warships such as nuclear and diesel-powered submarines and large auxiliaries. The shipyard was founded as the Galley Yard by Peter the Great during the Great Northern War on 5 November 1704 and located in the open ground along the Neva River behind the Admiralty building. It was administered by the Russian Admiralty, hence its later name. In 1721 it was renamed Galley Wharf and in 1800 the New Admiralty Yard, supplementing and in 1841 soon replacing the Galley Wharf. In 1908, it was renamed the Admiralty Shipyard. In 1937 its two sections were known as Andre Marti and Sudomekh, Shipyards No. 194 and No. 196, respectively. In 1966 it once again became the New Admiralty Shipyard as in 1800 and, in 1972, the Leningrad Admiralty Association. The latest name changes occurred in 1992 – State Enterprise "Admiralty Wharves" – and in 2001 – Federal State Unitary Enterprise "Admiralty Wharves". Finally, in 2008, it became an open stock company – OAO "Admiralty Wharves". More information...
According to PR-model, admship.ru is ranked 73,046th in multilingual Wikipedia, in particular this website is ranked 55,947th in English Wikipedia.
The website is placed before mercerhr.com and after lifeglobe.net in the BestRef global ranking of the most important sources of Wikipedia.