AIDA Cruises is a German cruise line founded in the early 1960s and organized as a wholly owned subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & plc since 2003. Based in Rostock, Germany, AIDA Cruises caters primarily to the German-speaking market; as seagoing "club resorts", AIDA ships have on-board amenities and facilities designed to attract younger, more active vacationers. As of January 2023, the cruise line operates 12 ships. The company was founded in 1952 as VEB Deutsche Seereederei Rostock (German Shipping Company Rostock) as the German Democratic Republic's state-owned shipping company, based at Rostock, and became VEB Deutfracht/Seereederei Rostock in 1973. It began its passenger operations with Völkerfreundschaft ("Peoples' Friendship"), in the 1960. After the reunification of Germany in the early 1990s Deutfracht/Seereederei Rostock was privatised and became Deutsche Seereederei Rostock GmbH. DSR acquired Seetours of Bremen and cruises were marketed under the Seetours brand. On 1 January 1998, DSR split their operations into cargo and tourism, with a new company Arkona Touristik taking over the cruise business. Then during 2000 a company was formed, known as AIDA Cruises; with P&O Cruises acquiring a 51% stake in the new organisation, and Arkona Touristik retaining the other 49%. More information...

The website is placed before and after in the BestRef global ranking of the most important sources of Wikipedia.

PR-model F-model AR-model
28,984th place
65,234th place
49,302nd place
2,185th place
7,082nd place
7,157th place
98,264th place
123,382nd place
150,067th place
37,227th place
91,010th place
45,282nd place
101,856th place
72,735th place
40,204th place
87,855th place
219,539th place
58,672nd place
59,017th place
24,972nd place
72,832nd place
159,337th place
207,664th place
142,683rd place
32,514th place
33,572nd place
48,423rd place
81,837th place
75,125th place
88,850th place
78,421st place
40,125th place
121,628th place
91,382nd place
23,290th place
142,709th place
275,115th place
161,547th place
268,863rd place
89,085th place
77,978th place
92,140th place
187,175th place
95,057th place
214,546th place
38,239th place
27,691st place
21,460th place