The Société des Antiquaires de France (Society of Antiquaries of France) is a Parisian historical and archaeological society, founded in 1804 under the name of the Académie celtique (Celtic Academy). It is now based at the Louvre, in the pavillon Mollien. The Académie celtique was founded by prefect Jacques Cambry, Jacques-Antoine Dulaure and Jacques Le Brigant on 9 germinal Year XII (30 March 1804), with the goal of studying Gallic civilization and French history and archaeology. Cambry was its first president, until his death in 1807. In 1813 it changed its name to the Société des Antiquaires de France, after the Society of Antiquaries of London, and from 1814 to 1848 it changed again to the Société royale des antiquaires de France under the Bourbon Restoration. According to the regime in France, it was then called the Société impériale des antiquaires de France or Société nationale des antiquaires de France, but it re-assumed its present name in 1871, and has not changed it since. More information...
According to PR-model, antiquairesdefrance.net is ranked 1,512,684th in multilingual Wikipedia, in particular this website is ranked 230,708th in French Wikipedia.
The website is placed before sklinternational.se and after globalgivebackcircle.org in the BestRef global ranking of the most important sources of Wikipedia.