There are 3 parishes: Zwaneven in the east, St. Bavo in the centre and Oosthoven in the North. Zwaneven is in the upmarket residential area referred to as "De Lint", where many Dutch people live. The village was first mentioned in 1333 as "Vetus Turnoltum". Oud (old) has been added to distinguish from the village which developed around the castle which was built in 1109 or 1110. That village would eventually become the city of Turnhout. Oud-Turnhout used to be part of the municipality of Turnhout, but felt neglected by its bigger neighbour. In 1859, Oud-Turnhout became an independent municipality. In 1977, the hamlets of Schoonbroek en Kinschot became part of Retie, the area Kijkverdriet was awarded to Ravels, and the remainder became part of Ravels. More information...
According to PR-model, oud-turnhout.be is ranked 3,951,824th in multilingual Wikipedia, in particular this website is ranked 132,551st in Dutch Wikipedia.
The website is placed before trouvix.fr and after crestcomtraining.com in the BestRef global ranking of the most important sources of Wikipedia.