The town centre is located along the banks of the Saint-Louis River. One of the first settler in the area was Charles Larocque (1784-1849), who was deputy for Vaudreuil in the Legislative Assembly of Lower Canada from 1833 to 1838. He managed the first general store in the village, that was originally named after him: Rocqueville, or sometimes spelled Rocque-ville or Larocqueville. Other original settlers came mostly from Saint-Timothée, Les Cèdres, and Île Perrot in the middle of the 19th century. In 1845, the parish was formed, named after the Italian Jesuit Luigi Gonzaga. In 1855, the Parish Municipality of Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague was founded. More information...
According to PR-model, sldg.ca is ranked 3,963,615th in multilingual Wikipedia, in particular this website is ranked 579,972nd in French Wikipedia.
The website is placed before idw-url.de and after biosystemes.fr in the BestRef global ranking of the most important sources of Wikipedia.